Tatra Mountains National Park

 

Home > Tours from Krakow > Tatra Mountains National Park

Are you keen on nature? Do you want to discover the beauty of fauna and flora, to breathe far away from the city?

We invite you for Tatra Mountains National Park tour from Krakow - a full day tour including hiking in this beautiful part of Lesser Poland Voivodeship.

The Tatra National Park was established in 1954 and covers an area of 21,197 ha. It has been declared a global biosphere reserve. It is one of the better known and largest Polish parks.
An important advantage of the Tatra National Park are numerous glacial lakes (called ponds), characterized by exceptional water transparency. The largest of them include Morskie Oko (34,5 ha and 50,8 m deep) – one of the symbols of the Park.

About 70% the area of the park is covered by dwarf forests and thickets, and the remaining 30% are alpine grasslands, rocks and waters. Strict protection covers almost 11 500 ha of area, including the entire floor of halls and crags, dwarf mountain pine and partially also upper and lower sub-forests.
The plant world of the Polish Tatra includes about 1 000 species of vascular plants, which is 43% of all species marked in our country.

Over 450 taxa are mountain plants, among them 200 unique nowhere else in Poland. The natural uniqueness of the Tatra Mountains is particularly emphasized by endemics and subendemites, i.e. plant and animal species that do not occur anywhere else in the world or appear only in a small number. The best-known endemics are the Tatra chamois (symbol of the TNP), the Tatra marmot or the alpine warzucha Tatra plant. In addition to the listed endemics, the most characteristic species found in the Tatras also include; brown bear, lynx, golden eagle, alpine edelweiss, lily of the gold heads, Tatra lark and limba.

We offer regular (group) tours on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
Tour schedule:

  1. pick up from your hotel in Krakow at around 7:30 am (exact time depends on location of your hotel)
  2. around 2,5 hours journey from Krakow to Tatra National Park
  3. individual hiking from Tatra National Park entrance to Morskie Oko Lake (it takes around 2-2,5 hours one way to get there - depends on your pace)
  4. up to 1 hour of free time for lunch / rest / admiring amazing views over the Lake
  5. return to Krakow with the same vehicle with an English speaking driver / tourleader
  6. drop off at your hotel in Krakow

Total duration time: up to 11 hours

Basic hiking details:

  • level of difficulty: easy
  • starting point: Palenica Bialczanska - 990 m above the sea level
  • destination point: Morskie Oko Lake - 1395 m above the sea level
  • total lenght of the trail - 17 km (both ways)

Price: 190 PLN per person

What is included:

  • pick up from your hotel in Krakow at around 7:30 am
  • transportation by high quality air-conditioned vehicle (mini van or minibus)
  • English speaking driver’s or tourleader’s assistance
  • up to 6 hours of free time for hiking on your own - including the way there and back
  • entrance tickets to Tatra National Park

We can also offer private tours on request with hotel pick up at chosen time.
Prices:

  • 820 PLN total (1 - 3 persons)
  • 980 PLN total (4 - 7 persons)
  • Contact us (8 persons or more)

What is included:

  • hotel pick up and drop off in Krakow at chosen time
  • transportation by high quality air-conditioned vehicle (mini van or minibus)
  • English speaking driver’s or tourleader’s assistance
  • up to 6 hours of free time for hiking on your own - including the way there and back
  • entrance tickets to Tatra National Park

* In case of private option, we can adjust the itinerary to your expectations and needs. Additionally we can offer you a private local guide in chosen language that can assist during your hiking instead of going on your own - for 700 PLN per guide

« back

Comment Title:
Your Name:
Your Email Address:
Your Rating:
         
Additional Comments:
This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

 
 


! If you don't see reply from us, please, check your SPAM BOX folder and let us know !
BOOKING
 
 
 


Customers reviews:



Map
  • PhotoTatra Mountains - five lakes
 
 
 

This site uses cookies. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. OK